Alcohol Problems in Intimate Relationships: Identification and Intervention
3.6 out of 4.0, Based on: 6,783 reviews
Therapists in most settings are likely to see clients who are impacted by problems related to alcohol. Alcohol Problems in Intimate Relationships: Identification and Intervention discusses the impact and incidence of alcohol problems, screening for alcohol problems, and addressing alcohol-related problems both with and without the drinker present.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add this Course Now" button above; this will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CEU credits.
- Alcohol Problems and Your Practice
- Screening and Problem Assessment
- Brief Interventions: Initial Decision-Making
- Elements of Brief Interventions: When the Drinker is Present
- Elements of Brief Interventions: When the Drinker is Not Present
- Longer-Term Approaches to Alcohol Problems
- Clinical Toolbox
- Identify the incidence of alcohol problems.
- Describe instruments used to screen for alcohol problems.
- Explain drawbacks to involving children in the treatment process.
- Describe the assessment of a family's coping strategies.