Bipolar Disorder: Evidence Based Practice
3.5 out of 4.0, Based on: 5,572 reviews
The course Bipolar Disorder: Evidence Based Practice was designed from the perspective that diagnosis and treatment of Bipolar Disorder is complex, but effective treatment can lead to good outcomes for many patients. This course describes the step-by-step process of clinical decision-making and intervention that should occur when managing adult patients with Bipolar Disorder.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add this Course Now" button above; this will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CEU credits.
- Module A: Acute Mania, Hypomania or Mixed Episode
- Module B: Acute Depressive Episode
- Module C: Maintenance Phase
- Module D: Psychosocial Interventions
- Module E: Specific Recommendations for Management of Older Persons with BD
- Explain the diagnostic criteria for bipolar disorder.
- Describe medications associated with secondary mania.
- Explain factors influencing treatment adherence.
- Describe an under-acknowledged aspect of long-term care of bipolar disorder.
- Explain the four components family focused therapy .