Bipolar Disorder: The Latest Assessment and Treatment Strategies
3.7 out of 4.0, Based on: 481 reviews
Bipolar Disorder: The Latest Assessment and Treatment Strategies presents a concise overview of the disorder. This course presents information on the diagnosis and various theoretical approaches and treatments for Bipolar Disorder.
This course is based on a book and a post test. When you're ready, purchase the test by clicking the "Add this Course Now" button above; this will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CEU credits.
- General Information about Bipolar Disorder
How Does the Disorder Affect Patient's Lives?
How Common is Bipolar Disorder?
What is the Likelihood of Recovery?
- Diagnosing and Assessing Bipolar Disorder
What are the Typical Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder?
What are the Criteria for Diagnosing Bipolar Disorder?
What Tools Exist for Diagnosing Bipolar Disorder?
- Biological Treatment of Bipolar Disorder
What is the Role of Genetics in Bipolar Disorder?
Medication Treatment of Bipolar Disorder
- Psychosocial Treatments for Bipolar Disorder
Why Add Psychosocial Interventions to Pharmacotherapy?
What is the Psychoeducational Approach to Bipolar Disorder Treatment?
What Individual Psychosocial Therapy Approaches are used?
- Appendix A: DSM-IV (TR) Diagnostic Criteria
- Appendix B: Structured Tools for Assessing Bipolar Disorder
- Explain the diagnostic criteria for Bipolar Disorder.
- TDescribe assessment tools used for Bipolar Disorder.
- Explain medications used to treat Bipolar Disorder.
- Describe treatment approaches for Bipolar Disorder.