Childhood Sexual Abuse
Author: Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D.
(Click author's name for bio)
No book to buy
Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D.
Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D. is a psychologist in private practice specializing in eating disorders, as well as dual addictions, trauma, domestic violence and depression. She conducts individual and couples therapy with adolescent and adult clients. In addition to authoring numerous mental health courses she frequently blogs and writes newspaper articles about mental health topics.
3.6 out of 4.0, Based on: 8,443 reviews
Childhood sexual abuse is a traumatic experience that has ranging and lasting effects. Due to the prevalence of childhood sexual abuse, clinicians with encounter clients who have been victimized as children. This course will examine the impact of sexual abuse on children and adult survivors. It will review ways to help individuals heal from these early experiences.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add this Course Now" button above; this will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CEU credits.
- Definition of Sexual Abuse
- Stages of Sexual Victimization
- Defining Trauma
- PTSD and Trauma Responses
- Factors that Influence an Individual's Reaction to Stress
- Effects of Trauma and Sexual Abuse
- Treatment of Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Identify the incidence of childhood sexual abuse.
- The participant will demonstrate familiarity with the criteria for PTSD.
- Explain disorders which can result from childhood trauma.
- Describe core issues for survivors of sexual abuse.