Clinical Supervision and Professional Development of the Substance Abuse Counselor
3.6 out of 4.0, Based on: 3,672 reviews
This supervision continuing education course presents best-practice
guidelines and basic information for clinical supervisors and program
administrators. This course examines the basics of clinical supervision,
including representative vignettes of specific scenarios, master
supervisor notes and comments to show the thinking behind the
supervisor’s approach in each vignette, and how-to descriptions of
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add this Course Now" button above; this will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CEU credits.
- Central Principles of Clinical Supervision Guidelines for New Supervisors
- Models of Clinical Supervision
- Developmental Stages of Counselors
- Developmental Stages of Supervisors
- Cultural and Contextual Factors
- Ethical and Legal Issues
- Monitoring Performance
- Methods of Observation
- Practical Issues in Clinical Supervision
- Methods and Techniques of Clinical Supervision Administrative Supervision
- Key Issues for Administrators in Clinical Supervision
- Legal and Ethical Issues for Administrators
- Implementing a Clinical Supervision Program
- Discuss the various models of supervision.
- Describe different counselor characteristics.
- Explain the continuum of cultural competence.
- Describe the purpose of an IDP.
- Explain balancing clinical and administrative functions.
- Discuss the different methods of clinical supervision.