Counselor Burnout and Wellness
3.6 out of 4.0, Based on: 2,682 reviews
This course addresses the important strengths of a substance abuse counselor and how those strengths, when neglected, can cause burnout and fatigue. It addresses both the issue and offers a guide to take the necessary steps toward self-care and wellness. While the focus is on counselors in the substance abuse field, all mental health professionals can benefit from the concepts presented.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add this Course Now" button above; this will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CEU credits.
- Counselor Vulnerability
- Case Studies
- Posttraumatic Stress and Burnout
- Burnout and Stress
- Signs, Symptoms, Causes, and Coping Strategies
- Professional Boundaries
- Recovering from Burnout
- Describe factors which make counselors vulnerable to burnout
- Discuss the importance of healthy boundaries in preventing burnout
- Explain the different impact of stress vs burnout on a counselor