Ethics & Boundary Issues - 2016
Author: Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D.
(Click author's name for bio)
No book to buy
Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D.
Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D. is a psychologist in private practice specializing in eating disorders, as well as dual addictions, trauma, domestic violence and depression. She conducts individual and couples therapy with adolescent and adult clients. In addition to authoring numerous mental health courses she frequently blogs and writes newspaper articles about mental health topics.
This free ethics course provides ethics and boundary information for mental health professionals. In addition to discussions on responding to common ethical and boundary dilemmas, topics include informed consent and confidentiality, mandated reporting laws, HIPAA and informed consent.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add this Course Now" button above; this will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CEU credits.
- Ethics vs. Law
- Mandated Reporting
- Advertising Professional Services
- Duty to Protect
- Achieving and Maintaining Competence
- Cultural Competence
- Informed Consent
- Multiple or Non-Sexual Dual Relationships
- Sexual Relationships with Clients
- Explain the limits of confidentiality.
- Describe the concept of a mandated reporter.
- Define the concept of informed consent.
- Discuss the dynamics of dual relationships.