Decoding the Ethics Code : A Practical Guide for Psychologists, 2nd Edition
3.6 out of 4.0, Based on: 154 reviews
Decoding the Ethics Code provides an in-depth look at the 2002 American Psychological Association’s Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct. Each of the 10 Standards is discussed in a straightforward manner. Ethical conduct is examined for practitioners, researchers and teachers.
This course is based on a book and a post test. When you're ready, purchase the test by clicking the "Add this Course Now" button above; this will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CEU credits.
- 1. A Code of Ethics for Psychology: How Did We Get Here?
- The Introduction, Preamble, General Principles: What Do They Mean?
- The APA Ethics Code and Ethical Decision Making
- Ethical Standards for Resolving Ethical Issues
- Ethical Standards on Competence
- Standards on Human Relations
- Ethical Standards on Privacy and Confidentiality
- Ethical Standards on Advertising and Other Public Statements
- Ethical Standards on Record Keeping and Fees
- Ethical Standards on Education and Training
- Ethical Standards on Research and Publication
- Ethical Standards on Assessment
- Ethical Standards on Therapy
- Discuss the development of the Ethics Code.
- Describe standards on privacy and confidentiality.
- Explain standards on research.
- Describe standards on therapy.
- Explain ethical standards on competence.
- Discuss ethical standards of assessment.