Direct Services for Victims
3.6 out of 4.0, Based on: 1,757 reviews
This continuing education domestic violence course discusses the evolution of direct services, describes the range of services, and suggests a variety of techniques of crisis intervention.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add this Course Now" button above; this will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CEU credits.
- Overview of Direct Services
- Provide Crisis Intervention Services
- Phases of Crisis Intervention
- Possible Reactions to Crisis
- Techniques and Guidance in Crisis Intervention
- Critical Incident Debriefing
- Assess Needs
- Identify Resources and Provide Referrals
- Assist With Compensation and Restitution Programs
- Restorative Justice
- Describe the three phases of crisis intervention.
- Describe individuals who are at special risk after a terrorism attack or mass victimization.
- Explain the efficacy of critical incident debriefing.
- Describe the most commonly used type of restorative justice.