Essentials of Group Therapy
3.6 out of 4.0, Based on: 360 reviews
Essentials of Group Therapy provides an overview of the history and theoretical approaches to group therapy. Topics covered include which populations benefit from group therapy, therapeutic factors in group work, as well as the benefits of short versus long-term groups. Other topics include ethics as they relate to group work and the training of group therapists.
This course is based on a book and a post test. When you're ready, purchase the test by clicking the "Add this Course Now" button above; this will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CEU credits.
- Introduction to group therapy
- Theoretical approaches to group psychotherapy
- Building a group
- Therapeutic factors
- Group leadership
- Discuss the theoretical approaches to group therapy.
- Describe group therapeutic factors..
- Explain the ethics of group therapy
- Describe the characteristics of short-term group therapy.