Ethics in Victim Services
3.6 out of 4.0, Based on: 5,025 reviews
This continuing education ethics course examines the use of ethical standards as they relate to victim assistance. The four sections include: Introduction to ethics and ethical standards provides a brief history of ethics; Values and response to crime victims; Ethical decisionmaking and ethical dilemmas; and Educating yourself about legal and policy issues.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add this Course Now" button above; this will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CEU credits.
- Introduction to Ethics and Ethical Standards
- The Evolution of Ethics
- Standards in Victim Services
- Values and Response to Crime Victims
- Competing Priorities and Conflicts of Interest
- Ethical Decision-Making and Common Dilemmas
- Boundary Issues and Multiple Relationships
- Legal Advocacy Versus Legal Advice
- Discuss the foundation of ethics.
- Describe ethical standards in victim assistance.
- Explain the six-step model for resolving ethical dilemmas.
- Describe the concept of confidentiality.