Improving Cultural Competence, Part 3 - Evaluation and Treatment Planning
3.5 out of 4.0, Based on: 1,349 reviews
This course offers clinical staff guidance in providing and facilitating culturally responsive interviews, assessments, evaluations, and treatment planning. Using Sue’s (2001) multidimensional model for developing cultural competence, this course focuses on clinical and programmatic decisions and skills that are important in evaluation and treatment planning processes. The course is organized around nine steps to be incorporated by clinicians.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add this Course Now" button above; this will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CEU credits.
- Engage Clients
- Familiarize Clients and Their Families With Treatment and Evaluation Processes
- Endorse Collaboration in Interviews, Assessments, and Treatment Planning
- Integrate Culturally Relevant Information and Themes
- Gather Culturally Relevant Collateral Information
- Select Culturally Appropriate Screening and Assessment Tools
- Determine Readiness and Motivation for Change
- Provide Culturally Responsive Case Management
Integrate Cultural Factors Into Treatment Planning
- Discuss how to integrate culturally relevant information and themes
- Describe how to gather culturally relevant collateral information
- Explain how to integrate cultural factors into treatment planning