Issues in Domestic Violence: Legal and Ethical Issues
Author: Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D.
(Click author's name for bio)
No book to buy
Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D.
Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D. is a psychologist in private practice specializing in eating disorders, as well as dual addictions, trauma, domestic violence and depression. She conducts individual and couples therapy with adolescent and adult clients. In addition to authoring numerous mental health courses she frequently blogs and writes newspaper articles about mental health topics.
3.6 out of 4.0, Based on: 3,905 reviews
This course will provide an overview of risks, a discussion of why survivors are reluctant to disclose abuse, the legal resources available to clients and ethical obligations. It will also contain an appendix with helpful information, including a summary of state laws on mandatory arrest and a sample safety plan.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add this Course Now" button above; this will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CEU credits.
- Scope of the Problem
- Reporting Intimate Partner Violence
- Mandatory and Dual Arrest Policies
- Navigating the Systems
- Ethical Considerations: Confidentiality
- Domestic Violence Safety Plan
- Explain the incidence of intimate partner violence.
- Describe the common warning signs of intimate partner homicide.
- Explain a domestic violence safety plan.