Issues in Domestic Violence: Motivational Interviewing and Stages of Change
Author: Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D.
(Click author's name for bio)
No book to buy
Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D.
Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D. is a psychologist in private practice specializing in eating disorders, as well as dual addictions, trauma, domestic violence and depression. She conducts individual and couples therapy with adolescent and adult clients. In addition to authoring numerous mental health courses she frequently blogs and writes newspaper articles about mental health topics.
3.6 out of 4.0, Based on: 3,195 reviews
This course will provide an overview of the transtheoretical model of behavior change. It will also include motivational interviewing skills and techniques and their applicability to working with domestic violence.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add this Course Now" button above; this will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CEU credits.
- Goals of the Transtheoretical Model
- Motivational Interviewing Strategies
- Working with Perpetrators of Domestic Violence
- Working with Victims of Domestic Violence
- Describe the MI stages of change.
- Describe MI therapeutic principles.
- Explain the challenges of working with perpetrators.