Learning the Language of Addiction Counseling - Third Edition
3.7 out of 4.0, Based on: 363 reviews
Learning the Language of Addiction Counseling is designed to meet the training needs of new and experienced addiction counselors by presenting in a practical, user-friendly format the basic and cutting-edge research on addiction counseling. This comprehensive guide combines a basic overview of the addiction counseling field with specific information on working with varied clients in diverse settings. This courses also delivers practical advice on treatment techniques and professional development including the ethics of addiction counseling.
This course is based on a book and a post test. When you're ready, purchase the test by clicking the "Add this Course Now" button above; this will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CEU credits.
- Theories of counseling related to addiction treatment
- Assessment and diagnosis of addiction
- Assessment and diagnosis of co-occurring disorders
- The treatment process for addictions
- Treatment-related issues
- Relapse prevention
- Self-help groups
- Current and evolving therapy approaches and techniques
- Culturally sensitive addiction counseling
- Incorporating spirituality into addiction counseling
- Chronic pain assessment, treatment, and aftercare
- Personal and professional development of the counselor
- Preparing for certification and licensure as an addiction professional
- Discuss the theories of counseling related to addiction treatment.
- Describe the assessment and diagnosis of addiction.
- Explain the assessment and diagnosis of dual disorders.
- Describe the treatment process for addictions.
- Explain the history of self-help programs.
- Discuss women and addictions.
- Discuss the elderly and addictions.