Marriage and Family Counseling - A Christian Perspective
3.6 out of 4.0, Based on: 2,541 reviews
This course is for both Christian Counselors and professionals counseling Christians. The course provides a Christian perspective on marriage and family functioning. The course is broken up into 4 sections:
Section I covers the creation of man, the expression of His purposes, and the foundation of relationships - marriage.
Section 2 focuses directly on family life, especially parenting, beginning when the first child appears on the scene.
In Section 3, special concerns that may be faced in family life are developed. Section 4 provides an overview of Christian counseling to assist in the understanding, diagnosis and treating of the symptoms of marital and family dysfunction.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add this Course Now" button above; this will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CEU credits.
- Marriage as the Foundation for the Family of God
- Biblical Goals for Marriage
- An Old Testament View of Marriage and the Family
- Jesus’ Teachings on Marriage
- Marriage and Family in the Early Church
- How Did We Learn About Sex? (Or, How Did Sex Get So Complicated?)
- Problems in Marriage And How To Solve Them
- Practical Principles in Christian Parenthood
- Communication In The Family
- Communication In Marriage
- Special Concerns in the Family
- Counseling The Troubled Family
- List the 3 primary goals for marriage and family life.
- Describe the principle of headship.
- Explain marks of maturity in a relationship.
- Describe the biblical purpose of sex.
- Explain biblical guidelines for discipline.
- Discuss components of communication.
- Describe biblical financial principles.
- Explain the biblical position on dealing with anger.