Mentally Healthy Aging: A report on overcoming stigma for older adults
3.6 out of 4.0, Based on: 3,942 reviews
Mentally Healthy Aging addresses the impact of stigma and discrimination on older adults with mental illness. The course covers research findings on older adults on older adults and mental health, barriers to eliminating stigma and strategies to overcome those barriers.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add this Course Now" button above; this will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CEU credits.
- Research Findings on Older Adults and Mental Health
- Manifestations of Stigma and Discrimination
- Barriers to Eliminating Stigma
- Strategies to Overcome the Barriers
- Explain the impact of stigma on older adults.
- Describe the impact of mental illness on older adults.
- Explain ways to reduce the stigma of mental illness for older adults.