Older Adults and Mental Health
3.6 out of 4.0, Based on: 8,132 reviews
Older Adults and Mental Health covers the the biological, social, and psychological aspects of aging. Illnesses covered include depression, anxiety, substance abuse, schizophrenia and Alzheimer's disease.
Treatments for each of the disorders are also described.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add this Course Now" button above; this will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CEU credits.
- Overview of Mental Disorders in Older Adults
- Depression in older adults
- Schizophrenia in older adults
- Substance abuse in older adults
- Anxiety in older adults
- Alzheimer''s Disease
- Identify the incidence of mental illness in older adults.
- Describe depression and anxiety in in older adults.
- Explain substance abuse in older adults.
- Describe interventions for mental illnesses in older adults