Progress Report on Alzheimer's Disease
3.6 out of 4.0, Based on: 2,684 reviews
This course reviews key Alzheimer's Disease research findings and activities in 2009. Topics covered include the prevalence of dementia, links with other diseases and an overview of the biology and early diagnosis of Alzheimer's Disease.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add this Course Now" button above; this will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CEU credits.
- A Brief Primer of Alzheimer's Disease and the Brain
- Recognizing the Scope of AD
- Deciphering AD Biology
- Discovering New Genetic Mechanisms
- Preventing AD and Promoting Healthy Brain Aging
- Detecting Disease Earlier
- Developing Novel Therapeutic Approaches
- Testing Therapies for Prevention and Treatment
- Supporting AD Caregivers
- Discuss AD risk factors.
- Identify factors which contributed to enhanced cognitive functioning.
- Identify the most widely used screening test for dementia.
- Describe the efficacy of Ginkgo for dementia.