Spousal or Partner Abuse Assessment, Detection and Intervention Strategies
Author: Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D.
(Click author's name for bio)
No book to buy
Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D.
Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D. is a psychologist in private practice specializing in eating disorders, as well as dual addictions, trauma, domestic violence and depression. She conducts individual and couples therapy with adolescent and adult clients. In addition to authoring numerous mental health courses she frequently blogs and writes newspaper articles about mental health topics.
3.5 out of 4.0, Based on: 2,847 reviews
This course will provide an introduction to domestic violence, including prevalence and impact, cultural factors, same gender abuse dynamics, intervention strategies and community resources.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add this Course Now" button above; this will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CEU credits.
- Defining Domestic Violence
- Prevalence of Domestic Violence
- Theories on Domestic Violence
- The Impact of Abuse
- Common Patterns of Intimate Partner Violence
- Social Constructs and Subcultures
- Same Gender Abuse Dynamics
- Intervention Strategies
- Define domestic violence and the term "intimate partner."
- Describe common patterns of abusive behavior.
- Factors associated with domestic violence.
- Describe mental health effects of domestic violence, including depression and posttraumatic stress disorder.
- Discuss prevalence and types of abuse among Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgendered (GBLT) Relationships.
- Discuss barriers to treatment and treatment recommendations for GBLT relationships.