Stroke: Hope through Research
3.7 out of 4.0, Based on: 2,314 reviews
This course provides information on the symptoms, causes, and treatments of stroke.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add this Course Now" button above; this will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CEU credits.
- What is Stroke?
- How Do You Recognize Stroke?
- How is the Cause of Stroke Determined?
- Imaging for the Diagnosis of Acute Stroke Who is at Risk for Stroke?
- Unmodifiable Risk Factors
- Other Risk Factors
- Modifiable Lifestyle Risk Factors
- Genetic Risk Factors
- What Stroke Therapies are Available?
- What Disabilities Can Result From a Stroke?
- What Research is Being Done by the NINDS?
- Identify the incidence of stroke.
- Describe the symptoms of stroke.
- Explain the risk factors for stroke.
- Describe disabilities resulting from stroke.