The Career Counselor's Handbook
3.5 out of 4.0, Based on: 205 reviews
This course provides a comprehensive overview of the field of career counseling.
This course is based on a book and a post test. When you're ready, purchase the test by clicking the "Add this Course Now" button above; this will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CEU credits.
- "So You're a Career Counselor! Just Exactly What Do You Do?"
- What Does "Career" Mean?
- The Six Objectives of Career Counseling
- The 12 Most Important Skills a Career Counselor Uses
- The Mystery of Career Choice
- Facing the Challenge of Ego: Is It Your Career or Theirs?
- The Past: Our History
- A History of Ideas and Events in the Job-Hunting Field during the Twentieth Century
- The Present: How to Survive and Prosper
- Prospering as a Career Counselor
- Learning Self-Promotion
- The Annual Career Checkup
- The Present: What Our Tools Are
- How to Do 1-2-3 Career Counseling
- How to Use Career Assessment Tools
- How to Use Occupational Forecasts
- How to Use Information in Career Counseling
- Career Counselors and the Internet: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly
- How to Use Just One Hour
- How to Use Group Work
- Principles of Effective Group Workshops
- Teach Your Clients to Show What They Can Do
- The Present: Special Problems
- TheProblem Called "Motivation"
- Helping Clients Get "Unblocked": The Brain and the Safekeeping Self
- Confronting Clients Whose Actions Don't Match Their Words
- Helping the "Impossible Client"
- Don't Let the Bureaucracy Grind Down Your Clients
- The 60-30-10 Rule: The Necessity Of Maximizing Face-to-Face Contact
- The Present: For Clients Who Want to Be "On Their Own"
- A Return to the Real America
- How to Help Our Clients Think about Self-Employment
- Schooling and Entrepreneuring
- Five Business Cards Instead of One
- The Present: Values
- Helping Clients Define Success
- Doing Well and Doing Good
- Adding Value
- Helping Clients Avoid Cheating in Their Careers
- The Present: Spirituality
- The Place of God in Career Counseling
- The Future
- Where Is Career Counseling Heading?
- Five Rules for Dealing with Change in the New Millennium
- How to Stay Fresh
- Discuss the history of career counseling
- Describe an effective method to find clients
- Explain the annual career checkup idea
- Describe the benefits of the internet for job-hunters
- Explain dealing with difficult clients
- The participant will demonstrate familiarity with ways for an employee to add value