The Confidentiality of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Patient Records Regulation and the HIPAA Privacy Rule
3.5 out of 4.0, Based on: 2,852 reviews
This course examines the HIPAA Privacy Rule especially as it relates to alcohol and substance abuse programs.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add this Course Now" button above; this will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CEU credits.
- Applicability of the Privacy Rule
- Programs to which the Privacy Rule applies
- Information that is protected under Part 2 and the Privacy Rule
- How the Privacy Rule affects disclosures of information
- Other permissible disclosures under Part 2
- Patient Notice/Notice of Privacy Practices
- Patient rights
- Security of information
- Explain the differences between Part 2 and the Privacy Rule
- Determine when to give a patient a Notice of Privacy Practices
- Assess a patient's request for PHI