3.6 out of 4.0, Based on: 3,925 reviews
Therapeutic community serve those with drug abuse and addiction. This course provides an overview of the therapeutic community treatment modality and its effectiveness in serving those with drug problems.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add this Course Now" button above; this will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CEU credits.
- What is a therapeutic community?
- How beneficial are therapeutic communities in treating drug addiction?
- What is the typical length of treatment in a therapeutic community?
- What are the fundamental components of therapeutic communities?
- How is treatment provided in a therapeutic community?
- Can therapeutic communities treat populations with special needs?
- How else can therapeutic communities be modified?
- Identify the treatment goals for those in a TC who have never acquired functional lifestyles.
- Identify post treatment influences on adolescent criminal activity.
- Identify a benefit found in a longer TC stay.