Violence in the Home: Multidisciplinary Perspectives
3.6 out of 4.0, Based on: 751 reviews
Violence in the Home: Multidisciplinary Perspectives examines the impact of family violence across the life span. Chapters include theoretical perspectives, child, intimate partner, and elder abuse. Intervention and treatment strategies for various populations are also covered.
This course is based on a book and a post test. When you're ready, purchase the test by clicking the "Add this Course Now" button above; this will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CEU credits.
- Violence in the Home: An Introduction
- Theoretical Perspectives
- Child Maltreatment
- Intimate Partner Abuse
- Hidden Violence in the Home: Siblings, Parents, Animals
- Elder Abuse
- Pseudo Families: Caregiver/Institutional Maltreatment
- Intervening in Violent Homes
- Preventing Violence in the Home
- Discuss the theories related to family violence.
- Describe the impact of family violence on children.
- Explain the impact of family violence on the elderly.
- Describe intervention strategies for family violence.
- Explain caregiver maltreatment.
- Discuss the prevention of violence.