Assessment of Children: Cognitive Foundations - 5th Edition
3.0 out of 4.0, Based on: 1 reviews
Assessment of Children: Cognitive Foundations is often referred to as the “Bible” of assessment. The text covers the assessment process, theories of intelligence, and in depth information on the major assessment instruments. This book is a valuable reference that will be referred to often after completing the course.
This course is based on a book and a post test. When you're ready, purchase the test by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Challenges in Assessing Children: The Process
- Challenges in Assessing Children: The Context
- Ethical, Legal, and Professional Issues
- A Primer on Statistics and Psychometrics
- Ethnic Minority Children
- Administering Tests to Children
- Historical Survey and Theories of Intelligence
- The Development and Measurement of Intelligence
- Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children–Fourth Edition (WISC–IV): Description
- WISC–IV Subtests
- Interpreting the WISC–IV
- Wechsler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence–Third Edition (WPPSI–III): Description
- WPPSI–III Subtests and Interpreting the WPPSI–III
- Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scale–Third Edition (WAIS–III): Description
- WAIS–III Subtests and Interpreting the WAIS–III
- Stanford-Binet Intelligence Scales–Fifth Edition (SB5)
- Differential Ability Scales–Second Edition (DAS–II)
- Assessment of Intelligence with Specialized Measures
- Report Writing
- Discuss issues related to the measurement of intelligence.
- Describe the various Wechsler tests.
- Explain assessment of culturally diverse children.
- Describe principles of report writing.
- Explain the ethics of assessment.
- Discuss the Stanford-Binet Intelligence Scale: Fifth Edition.
- Describe useful statistical and measurement concepts.
- Explain the Differential Ability Scales.
- Discuss the assessment of academic achievement.
- Discuss the Assessment of Receptive and Expressive Language.