Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (In Adults and Children): The Latest Assessment and Treatment Strategies
NaN out of 4.0, Based on: 0 reviews
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in Adults and Children provides information on the diagnosis and treatment of ADHD. The medications used to treat ADHD are presented and cognitive and behavioral treatment approaches are outlined.
This course is based on a book and a post test. When you're ready, purchase the test by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CE credits.
1. Overview of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
What is ADHD?
What Are the Knowns and Unknowns about ADHD?
How Common is ADHD?
Will Children with ADHD "Grow out of it"?
2. Diagnosing and Assessing ADHD
What are the Specific DSM-IV Criteria for Diagnosing ADHD?
What are Typical Characteristics of Those with ADHD?
What Assessment Techniques Can be Used to Diagnose ADHD?
What Differentiates ADHD from other Disorders?
3. Treating ADHD with Medication
What are Stimulant Drugs, and How are They Used to Treat ADHD?
What Target Behaviors are Most Affected by Stimulant Drugs?
How Safe are Stimulant Drugs for Treating ADHD?
What Options Exist for Other Types of Drug Treatment?
How are Drugs Used to Treat Adults with ADHD?
4. Psychological Treatments for ADHD
Why are Drugs Alone Not Enough?
What are the Behavioral and Cognitive Approaches to Treating ADHD?
What are other Traditional Approaches to ADHD Treatment?
What Treatments are Used for Adults with ADHD?
Appendix A: Assessment Measures
Appendix B: Differentiating ADHD from Other Disorders
- The participant will be able to identify the signs and symptoms of ADHD.
- The participant will be able to identify assessment techniques used in the diagnosis of ADHD.
- The participant will be able to identify psychological approaches to the treatment of ADHD.
- The participant will be able to identify what differentiates ADHD from similar disorders.
- The participant will be able to identify stimulant and non-stimulant medications used to treat ADHD.