Autism Spectrum Disorder
Author: Jassin M. Jouria, MD
(Click author's name for bio)
Course Created: 2016
Practice Level: Intermediate to Advanced
No book to buy
Jassin M. Jouria, MD
Jassin M. Jouria is a medical doctor, professor of academic medicine, and medical author. He graduated from Ross University School of Medicine and has completed his clinical clerkship training in various teaching hospitals throughout New York, including King’s County Hospital Center and Brookdale Medical Center, among others. Dr. Jouria has served as a test prep tutor and instructor for Kaplan. He has developed several medical courses and curricula for a variety of educational institutions. Dr. Jouria has also served on multiple levels in the academic field including faculty member and Department Chair. Dr. Jouria continues to serves as a Subject Matter Expert for several continuing education organizations covering multiple basic medical sciences.
3.6 out of 4.0, Based on: 171 reviews
Autism spectrum disorder is a complex brain condition characterized by difficulties in social interaction and communication, as well as a tendency toward repetitive behaviors. In its mildest form, autism spectrum disorder can present minor communication challenges in children who are at or above normal intelligence. In its most severe form, comprehensive cognitive deficits and a total lack of communication create permanent dependence. Currently, there is no cure for autism and the focus is on research to develop effective management and prevention strategies.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Disorders Included In The Autism Spectrum
- Early Etiology Of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- DSM-5 Diagnostic Criteria
- Characteristic Traits Of ASD
- Genetics And Associated Features Of ASD
- Developmental Course Of ASD
- Effects Of Early Intervention
- Risk Factors Of ASD
- Diagnosis Of ASD
- ASD And Comorbidities
- Management And Prognosis
- Pharmacology In The Treatment Of ASD
- Behavioral Interventions
- ASD And The Vaccine Controversy
- Identify the disorders included within the ASD.
- List features that are commonly associated with ASD.
- Explain the primary goals of ASD treatment.
- Explain the controversy relating to autism and vaccines.