Childhood Sexual Abuse
Author: Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D.
(Click author's name for bio)
Course Created: 2008
Practice Level: Beginner to Intermediate
No book to buy
Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D.
Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D. is a psychologist in private practice specializing in eating disorders, as well as dual addictions, trauma, domestic violence and depression. She conducts individual and couples therapy with adolescent and adult clients. In addition to authoring numerous mental health courses she frequently blogs and writes newspaper articles about mental health topics.
4.5 out of 5.0, Based on: 11,045 reviews
Childhood sexual abuse is a traumatic experience that has ranging and lasting effects. Due to the prevalence of childhood sexual abuse, clinicians with encounter clients who have been victimized as children. This course will examine the impact of sexual abuse on children and adult survivors. It will review ways to help individuals heal from these early experiences.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Identify the incidence of childhood sexual abuse.
- The participant will demonstrate familiarity with the criteria for PTSD.
- Explain disorders which can result from childhood trauma.
- Describe core issues for survivors of sexual abuse.
- Definition of Sexual Abuse
- Stages of Sexual Victimization
- Defining Trauma
- PTSD and Trauma Responses
- Factors that Influence an Individual's Reaction to Stress
- Effects of Trauma and Sexual Abuse
- Treatment of Childhood Sexual Abuse
This organization, CE4Less, provider #1115, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education ACE) program. CE4Less maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 8/8/2018-8/8/2021. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.