Clinical Supervision: A Competency-Based Approach
4.4 out of 5.0, Based on: 2,293 reviews
Not approved For ASWBClinical Supervision: A Competency-Based Approach covers supervision in the mental health fields from theory through practice.
The book states that "A competency-based approach, however, provides an explicit framework and method to initiate, develop,
implement, and evaluate the processes and outcomes of supervision." According to the authors, "the chapters in this volume are
organized around topics we consider to be foundational to supervision practice: effective practices in supervision,
technical competence, personal factors, the therapeutic and supervisory alliance, diversity competence, ethical and legal
responsibilities and case management and evaluation. We conclude with a discussion of the existing challenges and opportunities
that must be addressed to advance the practice of clinical supervision."
This course is based on a book and a post test. When you're ready, purchase the test by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Describe the most highly rated forms of supervision.
- Describe the assessment of competence in supervision.
- Explain the implications of self-disclosure in supervision.
- Describe the concept of a therapeutic alliance in supervision.
- Explain the importance of multicultural competency in supervision.
- Discuss the role of confidentiality in supervision.
- The practice of clinical supervision
- What makes for good supervision?
- Building technical competence
- Addressing personal factors in supervision
- Alliance in therapeutic and supervisory relationships
- Building diversity competence in supervision
- Ethical and legal perspectives and risk management
- Evaluation of the supervisory process
- The evolving practice of clinical supervision
Ce4Less.com Is approved by the American Psychological Association To sponsor continuing education For psychologists. Ce4Less.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
We are committed to providing our learners with unbiased information. CE4Less never accepts commercial support and our authors have no significant financial or other conflicts of interest pertaining to the material