Clinical Supervision and Professional Development of the Substance Abuse Counselor
4.5 out of 5.0, Based on: 6,006 reviews
This supervision continuing education course presents best-practice
guidelines and basic information for clinical supervisors and program
administrators. This course examines the basics of clinical supervision,
including representative vignettes of specific scenarios, master
supervisor notes and comments to show the thinking behind the
supervisor’s approach in each vignette, and how-to descriptions of
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Discuss the various models of supervision.
- Describe different counselor characteristics.
- Explain the continuum of cultural competence.
- Describe the purpose of an IDP.
- Explain balancing clinical and administrative functions.
- Discuss the different methods of clinical supervision.
- Central Principles of Clinical Supervision Guidelines for New Supervisors
- Models of Clinical Supervision
- Developmental Stages of Counselors
- Developmental Stages of Supervisors
- Cultural and Contextual Factors
- Ethical and Legal Issues
- Monitoring Performance
- Methods of Observation
- Practical Issues in Clinical Supervision
- Methods and Techniques of Clinical Supervision Administrative Supervision
- Key Issues for Administrators in Clinical Supervision
- Legal and Ethical Issues for Administrators
- Implementing a Clinical Supervision Program
Ce4Less.com Is approved by the American Psychological Association To sponsor continuing education For psychologists. Ce4Less.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Ce4Less.com, #1115, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce4Less.com maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: [8/8/2018-8/8/2021]. Social workers completing this course receive 8 Online continuing education credits.