Clinical Supervision and Professional Development of the Substance Abuse Counselor
4.6 out of 5.0, Based on: 6,890 reviews
This supervision continuing education course presents best-practice
guidelines and basic information for clinical supervisors and program
administrators. This course examines the basics of clinical supervision,
including representative vignettes of specific scenarios, master
supervisor notes and comments to show the thinking behind the
supervisor’s approach in each vignette, and how-to descriptions of
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Discuss the various models of supervision.
- Describe different counselor characteristics.
- Explain the continuum of cultural competence.
- Describe the purpose of an IDP.
- Explain balancing clinical and administrative functions.
- Discuss the different methods of clinical supervision.
- Central Principles of Clinical Supervision Guidelines for New Supervisors
- Models of Clinical Supervision
- Developmental Stages of Counselors
- Developmental Stages of Supervisors
- Cultural and Contextual Factors
- Ethical and Legal Issues
- Monitoring Performance
- Methods of Observation
- Practical Issues in Clinical Supervision
- Methods and Techniques of Clinical Supervision Administrative Supervision
- Key Issues for Administrators in Clinical Supervision
- Legal and Ethical Issues for Administrators
- Implementing a Clinical Supervision Program
Ce4Less.com Is approved by the American Psychological Association To sponsor continuing education For psychologists. Ce4Less.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
This organization, CE4Less, provider #1115, is approved as a provider for social work continuing
education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education ACE) program.
Ce4Less maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 8/8/2018-8/8/2021. Social workers should contact their
regulatory board to determine course approval. Social workers participating in this course will receive
continuing education clock hours.
We are committed to providing our learners with unbiased information. CE4Less never accepts commercial support and our authors have no significant financial or other conflicts of interest pertaining to the material