Decoding the Ethics Code : A Practical Guide for Psychologists, 4th Edition
4.7 out of 5.0, Based on: 415 reviews
Revised to reflect the current status of scientific and professional theory, practices, and debate across all facets of ethical decision making, this latest edition of Celia B. Fisher’s acclaimed Decoding the Ethics Code: A Practical Guide for Psychologists demystifies the American Psychological Association’s (APA) Ethical Principles of Psychologists and Code of Conduct. The Fourth Edition explains and puts into practical perspective the format, choice of wording, aspirational principles, and enforceability of the code. Providing in-depth discussions of the foundation and application of each ethical standard to the broad spectrum of scientific, teaching, and professional roles of psychologists, this unique guide helps practitioners effectively use ethical principles and standards to morally conduct their work activities, avoid ethical violations, and, most importantly, preserve and protect the fundamental rights and welfare of those whom they serve.
This course is based on a book and a post test. When you're ready, purchase the test by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Discuss the development of the Ethics Code.
- Describe standards on privacy and confidentiality.
- Explain standards on research.
- Describe standards on therapy.
- Explain ethical standards on competence.
- Discuss ethical standards of assessment.
- A Code of Ethics for Psychology - How Did We Get Here?
- The Introduction, Preamble, General Principles - What Do They Mean?
- The APA Ethics Code and Ethical Decision Making
- Ethical Standards for Resolving Ethical Issues
- Ethical Standards on Competence
- Standards on Human Relations
- Ethical Standards on Privacy and Confidentiality
- Ethical Standards on Advertising and Other Public Statements
- Ethical Standards on Record Keeping and Fees
- Ethical Standards on Education and Training
- Ethical Standards on Research and Publication
- Ethical Standards on Assessment
- Ethical Standards on Therapy
This organization, CE4Less, provider #1115, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education ACE) program. CE4Less maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 8/8/2018-8/8/2021. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.