Depression and Older Adults - Evidence Based Practice
Course Created: 2011
Practice Level: Intermediate
No book to buy
4.5 out of 5.0, Based on: 7,618 reviews
This course examines how practitioners can screen for depression, assess and diagnose depression, select an appropriate treatment, deliver care, and evaluate outcomes.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Identify EBP psychotherapy interventions for older adults.
- Describe the benefits of providing EBPs for the treatment of depression.
- Identify measure of depression in older adults competence.
- Describe the percent of older adults who have Alzheimer's Disease.
- What Is Depression in Older Adults?
- Risk Factors for Depression
- Prevalence of Depression
- Why EBPs for Older Adults with Depression Are Important
- Working with Older Adults
- Screening for Depression
- Delivering Evidence-Based Care
- Principles for Delivering Care to Older Adults
Ce4Less.com Is approved by the American Psychological Association To sponsor continuing education For psychologists. Ce4Less.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Ce4Less.com, #1115, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce4Less.com maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: [8/8/2018-8/8/2021]. Social workers completing this course receive 3 Online continuing education credits.