Direct Services for Victims
3.7 out of 4.0, Based on: 12 reviews
This continuing education domestic violence course discusses the evolution of direct services, describes the range of services, and suggests a variety of techniques of crisis intervention.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Overview of Direct Services
- Provide Crisis Intervention Services
- Phases of Crisis Intervention
- Possible Reactions to Crisis
- Techniques and Guidance in Crisis Intervention
- Critical Incident Debriefing
- Assess Needs
- Identify Resources and Provide Referrals
- Assist With Compensation and Restitution Programs
- Restorative Justice
- Describe the three phases of crisis intervention.
- Describe individuals who are at special risk after a terrorism attack or mass victimization.
- Explain the efficacy of critical incident debriefing.
- Describe the most commonly used type of restorative justice.