Domestic Violence, Violence in the home
4.3 out of 5.0, Based on: 4,154 reviews
The Domestic Violence Sourcebook provides a comprehensive examination of domestic violence. Topic areas include the history, psychology, social and legal aspects, and treatment of domestic violence.
Violence in the Home: Multidisciplinary Perspectives examines the impact of family violence across the life span. Chapters include theoretical perspectives, child, intimate partner, and elder abuse. Intervention and treatment strategies for various populations are also covered.
This course is based on a book and a post test. When you're ready, purchase the test by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Discuss the incidence of domestic violence.
- Discuss the history of domestic violence.
- Explain the legal system's response to domestic violence.
- Describe resources available to women in violent relationships.
- Explain the impact of domestic violence on children and adolescents.
- Discuss the theories related to family violence.
- Describe the impact of family violence on children.
- Explain the impact of family violence on the elderly.
- Describe intervention strategies for family violence.
- Discuss caregiver maltreatment.
- Discuss the prevention of violence.
- What is Domestic Violence?
- The History of Domestic Violence
- The Psychology of Domestic Violence
- Social Aspects of Domestic Violence
- Children, Adolescents, and Domestic Violence
- Domestic Violence and the Law
- What Works to Reduce and Prevent Domestic Violence
- Practical Information for Women Who Are Abused and Those Who Want to Help Them
- Violence in the Home: An Introduction
- Theoretical Perspectives
- Child Maltreatment
- Intimate Partner Abuse
- Hidden Violence in the Home: Siblings, Parents, Animals
- Elder Abuse
- Pseudo Families: Caregiver/Institutional Maltreatment
- Intervening in Violent Homes
- Preventing Violence in the Home
This organization, CE4Less, provider #1115, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education ACE) program. CE4Less maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 8/8/2015-8/8/2018. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.