Dropping the Baby and Other Scary Thoughts
Author: Karen Kleiman and Amy Wenzel
Course Created: 2010
Practice Level: Intermediate
This course does not qualify for NBCC credit
Karen Kleiman and Amy Wenzel
4.8 out of 5.0, Based on: 747 reviews
Dropping the Baby and Other Scary Thoughts provides essential
information for both the client and the treating therapist when dealing
with postpartum distress. This book addresses the nature of intrusive,
negative, and unwanted thoughts that pregnant and postpartum women can
experience when anxiety is high. It offers information and interventions
for clients and clinicians who must confront these negative cognitions
by outlining what these thoughts are, why they are there, and what can
be done about them.
This course is based on a book and a post test. When you're ready, purchase the test by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Identify the natural response to threatening triggers.
- Describe what predisposes a new mother to scary thoughts.
- Identify the neurotransmitter that is associated with anxiety and depression.
- Describe the primary universal screening question for new mothers.
- Explain the concept of negative automatic thoughts.
- Discuss the two skills which are associated with high-functioning marriages.
- A Mother's Anxiety
- A Closer Look
- Why am I Having Scary Thoughts?
- How Do You Know if You Need Help?
- Barriers to Relief
- Screening for Scary Thoughts
- Things You Can Do to Feel Better
- Can You Really Change How You Think?
- Professional Treatment Options
- How Others Can Help
- Your Personal Treatment Plan
- Living with Uncertainty
Ce4Less.com, provider #1115, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce4Less.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB ACE Approval Period: 07/08/21-07/08/24.
We are committed to providing our learners with unbiased information. Ce4Less never accepts commercial support and our authors have no significant financial or other conflicts of interest pertaining to the material