Author: Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D.
(Click author's name for bio)
Course Created: 2010
Practice Level: Beginner to Intermediate
No book to buy
Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D.
Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D. is a psychologist in private practice specializing in eating disorders, as well as dual addictions, trauma, domestic violence and depression. She conducts individual and couples therapy with adolescent and adult clients. In addition to authoring numerous mental health courses she frequently blogs and writes newspaper articles about mental health topics.
3.7 out of 4.0, Based on: 153 reviews
This continuing education domestic violence course will provide an overview of Elder Abuse.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Mandated Reporting
- Elder Abuse Defined
- Signs of Elder Abuse (Elder)
- Signs of Elder Abuse (Caregiver)
- Who is Most At Risk for Elder Abuse?
- Caregiver Stress
- Reporting Elder Abuse
- Discuss the statutes that protect reporters lliability for filing a report.
- Describe the commonly seen areas of elder self-neglect.
- Explain the most common cause of elder abuse.