Essentials of Child and Adolescent Psychopathology
4.5 out of 5.0, Based on: 431 reviews
Essentials of Child and Adolescent Psychopathology provides a brief but comprehensive overview of critical conceptual issues in child and adolescent psychopathology. It covers major theories, diagnoses, assessment and best treatment practices, ethical issues, and trends in the field. In addition, you will find coverage of the changes in the way the DSM-5 conceptualizes disorders in children and adolescents and a new chapter on child abuse, maltreatment, and self-injurious behavior. This Second Edition provides the same useful features as the previous edition—including Rapid Reference, Caution, and Don't Forget callout boxes—with a revised and up-to-date text.
This course is based on a book and a post test. When you're ready, purchase the test by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Identify the different presentations of ADHD in children
- List the Specific Learning Disabilities mentioned in the DSM-5
- Discuss the characteristics of substance abuse.
- Explain the criteria for a diagnosis of PTSD in children
- Describe how the DSM-5 addresses culture-related diagnostic issues
- Introduction to child and adolescent psychopathology - development, theories, and influences
- Issues in child and adolescent psychopathology - ethical issues in research and practice
- Issues in clinical decision making - diagnosis, assessment, and treatment of childhood and adolescent disorders
- Intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Specific learning disabilities
- Anxiety disorders and obsessive-compulsive and related disorders
- Disorders of mood
- depression and bipolar disorder
- Somatic symptom and related disorders
- Disruptive behavior disorders
- Feeding and eating disorders
- Substance-related disorders
- Trauma and stressor-related disorders
- Children of diverse cultures
Ce4Less.com Is approved by the American Psychological Association To sponsor continuing education For psychologists. Ce4Less.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Ce4Less.com, #1115, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce4Less.com maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: [8/8/2018-8/8/2021]. Social workers completing this course receive
Online continuing education credits.
We are committed to providing our learners with unbiased information. CE4Less never accepts commercial support and our authors have no significant financial or other conflicts of interest pertaining to the material