Essentials of Child and Adolescent Psychopathology
4.5 out of 5.0, Based on: 315 reviews
Essentials of Child and Adolescent Psychopathology provides a brief but comprehensive overview of critical conceptual issues in child and adolescent psychopathology. It covers major theories, diagnoses, assessment and best treatment practices, ethical issues, and trends in the field. In addition, you will find coverage of the changes in the way the DSM-5 conceptualizes disorders in children and adolescents and a new chapter on child abuse, maltreatment, and self-injurious behavior. This Second Edition provides the same useful features as the previous edition—including Rapid Reference, Caution, and Don't Forget callout boxes—with a revised and up-to-date text.
This course is based on a book and a post test. When you're ready, purchase the test by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Identify the different presentations of ADHD in children
- List the Specific Learning Disabilities mentioned in the DSM-5
- Discuss the characteristics of substance abuse.
- Explain the criteria for a diagnosis of PTSD in children
- Describe how the DSM-5 addresses culture-related diagnostic issues
- Introduction to child and adolescent psychopathology - development, theories, and influences
- Issues in child and adolescent psychopathology - ethical issues in research and practice
- Issues in clinical decision making - diagnosis, assessment, and treatment of childhood and adolescent disorders
- Intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
- Specific learning disabilities
- Anxiety disorders and obsessive-compulsive and related disorders
- Disorders of mood
- depression and bipolar disorder
- Somatic symptom and related disorders
- Disruptive behavior disorders
- Feeding and eating disorders
- Substance-related disorders
- Trauma and stressor-related disorders
- Children of diverse cultures
This organization, CE4Less, provider #1115, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education ACE) program. CE4Less maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 8/8/2015-8/8/2018. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.