Essentials of Interviewing
Author: Donald E. Wiger
Course Created: 2002
Practice Level: Beginner to Intermediate
3.4 out of 4.0, Based on: 14 reviews
Essentials of Interviewing contains practical information on conducting a complete diagnostic interview. Topics covered include taking a complete history, serving diverse populations, suicide assessment, and the Mental Status Exam.
This course is based on a book and a post test. When you're ready, purchase the test by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Overview of the Mental Health Interview
- The Intake Interview Process
- Factors Affecting the Quality of Information Received
- Establishing Rapport: Mainstream and Special Populations
- The Biopsychosocial Assessment
- Suicide Assessment
- Diagnostic Interviewing
- The Mental Status Exam (MSE)
- The Report: Incorporating Diagnostic Information with Mental Health Services
- Describe the the intake interview process.
- Describe establishing rapport with various populations.
- Explain suicide assessment.
- Describe the Mental Status Exam.