Essentials of Interviewing
Author: Donald E. Wiger
Course Created: 2002
Practice Level: Beginner to Intermediate
This course does not qualify for NBCC credit
4.6 out of 5.0, Based on: 1,100 reviews
Essentials of Interviewing contains practical information on conducting a complete diagnostic interview. Topics covered include taking a complete history, serving diverse populations, suicide assessment, and the Mental Status Exam.
This course is based on a book and a post test. When you're ready, purchase the test by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Describe the the intake interview process.
- Describe establishing rapport with various populations.
- Explain suicide assessment.
- Describe the Mental Status Exam.
- Overview of the Mental Health Interview
- The Intake Interview Process
- Factors Affecting the Quality of Information Received
- Establishing Rapport: Mainstream and Special Populations
- The Biopsychosocial Assessment
- Suicide Assessment
- Diagnostic Interviewing
- The Mental Status Exam (MSE)
- The Report: Incorporating Diagnostic Information with Mental Health Services
Ce4Less.com Is approved by the American Psychological Association To sponsor continuing education For psychologists. Ce4Less.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
This organization, CE4Less, provider #1115, is approved as a provider for social work continuing
education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education ACE) program.
Ce4Less maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 8/8/2018-8/8/2021. Social workers should contact their
regulatory board to determine course approval. Social workers participating in this course will receive
continuing education clock hours.
We are committed to providing our learners with unbiased information. CE4Less never accepts commercial support and our authors have no significant financial or other conflicts of interest pertaining to the material