Essentials of Interviewing
Author: Donald E. Wiger
Course Created: 2002
Practice Level: Beginner to Intermediate
4.6 out of 5.0, Based on: 919 reviews
Essentials of Interviewing contains practical information on conducting a complete diagnostic interview. Topics covered include taking a complete history, serving diverse populations, suicide assessment, and the Mental Status Exam.
This course is based on a book and a post test. When you're ready, purchase the test by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Describe the the intake interview process.
- Describe establishing rapport with various populations.
- Explain suicide assessment.
- Describe the Mental Status Exam.
- Overview of the Mental Health Interview
- The Intake Interview Process
- Factors Affecting the Quality of Information Received
- Establishing Rapport: Mainstream and Special Populations
- The Biopsychosocial Assessment
- Suicide Assessment
- Diagnostic Interviewing
- The Mental Status Exam (MSE)
- The Report: Incorporating Diagnostic Information with Mental Health Services
Ce4Less.com Is approved by the American Psychological Association To sponsor continuing education For psychologists. Ce4Less.com maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Ce4Less.com, #1115, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce4Less.com maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: [8/8/2018-8/8/2021]. Social workers completing this course receive 6 Online continuing education credits.