Essentials of Interviewing
Author: Donald E. Wiger
Course Created: 2002
Practice Level: Beginner to Intermediate
4.6 out of 5.0, Based on: 777 reviews
Essentials of Interviewing contains practical information on conducting a complete diagnostic interview. Topics covered include taking a complete history, serving diverse populations, suicide assessment, and the Mental Status Exam.
This course is based on a book and a post test. When you're ready, purchase the test by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Describe the the intake interview process.
- Describe establishing rapport with various populations.
- Explain suicide assessment.
- Describe the Mental Status Exam.
- Overview of the Mental Health Interview
- The Intake Interview Process
- Factors Affecting the Quality of Information Received
- Establishing Rapport: Mainstream and Special Populations
- The Biopsychosocial Assessment
- Suicide Assessment
- Diagnostic Interviewing
- The Mental Status Exam (MSE)
- The Report: Incorporating Diagnostic Information with Mental Health Services
This organization, CE4Less, provider #1115, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education ACE) program. CE4Less maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 8/8/2015-8/8/2018. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.