Ethics in Victim Services
3.4 out of 4.0, Based on: 25 reviews
This continuing education ethics course examines the use of ethical standards as they relate to victim assistance. The four sections include: Introduction to ethics and ethical standards provides a brief history of ethics; Values and response to crime victims; Ethical decisionmaking and ethical dilemmas; and Educating yourself about legal and policy issues.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Introduction to Ethics and Ethical Standards
- The Evolution of Ethics
- Standards in Victim Services
- Values and Response to Crime Victims
- Competing Priorities and Conflicts of Interest
- Ethical Decision-Making and Common Dilemmas
- Boundary Issues and Multiple Relationships
- Legal Advocacy Versus Legal Advice
- Discuss the foundation of ethics.
- Describe ethical standards in victim assistance.
- Explain the six-step model for resolving ethical dilemmas.
- Describe the concept of confidentiality.