How HIV Causes AIDS
3.6 out of 4.0, Based on: 9 reviews
This course is based on mental health AIDS which is a quarterly biopsychosocial research update on HIV and mental health organized by topic area. The material includes service program information as well as the newest resources (books, articles, Web sites) for clinical practice.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Scope of the HIV Epidemic
- Structure of HIV
- Replication Cycle of HIV
- Transmission of HIV
- Course of HIV Infection
- HIV is Active in the Lymph Nodes
- Theories of Immune System Cell Loss in HIV Infection
- Central Nervous System Damage
- Role of Immune Activation in HIV Disease
- Identify the average number of CD4+ cells in a health person.
- Identify the time for HIV to develop into AIDS.
- Explain programmed cell death.
- Describe the incidence of neurologic manifestations of HIV disease.