Author: Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D.
(Click author's name for bio)
Course Created: 2011
Practice Level: Beginner to Intermediate
No book to buy
Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D.
Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D. is a psychologist in private practice specializing in eating disorders, as well as dual addictions, trauma, domestic violence and depression. She conducts individual and couples therapy with adolescent and adult clients. In addition to authoring numerous mental health courses she frequently blogs and writes newspaper articles about mental health topics.
3.5 out of 4.0, Based on: 191 reviews
This course on Human Sexuality looks at the physiological-psychological and social-cultural variables associated with sexual identity, sexual behavior and sexual disorders. Topics cover sexuality from childhood through adulthood and treatment approaches for sexual disorders.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Sexuality Across the Lifespan - Childhood & Adolescence
- Sexuality Across the Lifespan - Adulthood
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Sexual Deviation
- Sexual Addiction
- Sexual Orientation
- Sexuality and Childhood Sexual Abuse
- Sexual Disorders and Sex Therapy
- Discuss the development of attachment bonds and its relationship to sexuality.
- Describe factors affecting sexuality in older women.
- Explain factors which contribute to male factor infertility.
- Describe the phases of the menstrual cycle.
- Explain the symptoms of the most common STDs.
- Discuss the signs of Internet Sexual Addiction.
- Describe the stages of sexual intimacy.