Impact of Crime on Victims
3.7 out of 4.0, Based on: 23 reviews
This continuing education domestic violence course presents the common types of reactions that victims experience, and provides guidelines and references for additional resources.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Who is Affected by Crime?
- Potential Victim Reactions in the Aftermath of Crime
- Long-term Trauma Reactions
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- Physical, Spiritual, Emotional, and Financial Impact of Crime
- The Impact of Trauma on Brain Development
- The Impact of Trauma on the Developed (Adult) Brain
- Discuss the post-victimization factors that can increase the likelihood of victims to develop mental health problems.
- Describe long-term trauma reactions.
- Explain with characteristic symptoms of PTSD.