Improving Cultural Competence, Part 3 - Evaluation and Treatment Planning
(Click author's name for bio)
Course Created: 2015
Practice Level: Intermediate
No book to buy
The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) is an agency within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. SAMHSA leads public health efforts that advance the behavioral health of the nation. On samhsa.gov SAMHSA states that its mission is to reduce the impact of substance abuse and mental illness on communities in America.
4.8 out of 5.0, Based on: 12,214 reviews
This course offers clinical staff guidance in providing and facilitating culturally responsive interviews, assessments, evaluations, and treatment planning. Using Sue’s (2001) multidimensional model for developing cultural competence, this course focuses on clinical and programmatic decisions and skills that are important in evaluation and treatment planning processes. The course is organized around nine steps to be incorporated by clinicians.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Discuss how to integrate culturally relevant information and themes
- Describe how to gather culturally relevant collateral information
- Explain how to integrate cultural factors into treatment planning
- Engage Clients
- Familiarize Clients and Their Families With Treatment and Evaluation Processes
- Endorse Collaboration in Interviews, Assessments, and Treatment Planning
- Integrate Culturally Relevant Information and Themes
- Gather Culturally Relevant Collateral Information
- Select Culturally Appropriate Screening and Assessment Tools
- Determine Readiness and Motivation for Change
- Provide Culturally Responsive Case Management
Integrate Cultural Factors Into Treatment Planning
Ce4Less.com, provider #1115, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce4Less.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB ACE Approval Period: 07/08/21-07/08/24.
We are committed to providing our learners with unbiased information. Ce4Less never accepts commercial support and our authors have no significant financial or other conflicts of interest pertaining to the material