Issues in Domestic Violence: Intimate Partner Sexual Abuse
Author: Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D.
(Click author's name for bio)
Course Created: 2017
Practice Level: Intermediate
No book to buy
Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D.
Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D. is a psychologist in private practice specializing in eating disorders, as well as dual addictions, trauma, domestic violence and depression. She conducts individual and couples therapy with adolescent and adult clients. In addition to authoring numerous mental health courses she frequently blogs and writes newspaper articles about mental health topics.
4.8 out of 5.0, Based on: 8,693 reviews
This course examines the dynamics, health consequences and treatment of intimate partner sexual abuse.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Identify the definition of Intimate Partner Sexual Abuse.
- Describe the symptoms of Rape Trauma Syndrome.
- Explain the elements of Trauma Informed Care.
- Definitions, Prevalence and Incidence of Intimate Partner Sexual Abuse
- Comparing Intimate Partner Sexual Abuse to Abuse by a Non-intimate Partner
- Intimate Partner Sexual Abuse Compared with General Domestic Violence
- Health Impact of Intimate Partner Sexual Abuse
- Understanding the Dynamics of Intimate Partner Sexual Abuse
- Interventions for Victims of Intimate Partner Sexual Abuse
Ce4Less.com, provider #1115, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce4Less.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB ACE Approval Period: 07/08/21-07/08/24.
We are committed to providing our learners with unbiased information. Ce4Less never accepts commercial support and our authors have no significant financial or other conflicts of interest pertaining to the material