Issues in Domestic Violence: Intimate Partner Sexual Abuse
Author: Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D.
(Click author's name for bio)
Course Created: 2017
Practice Level: Intermediate
No book to buy
Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D.
Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D. is a psychologist in private practice specializing in eating disorders, as well as dual addictions, trauma, domestic violence and depression. She conducts individual and couples therapy with adolescent and adult clients. In addition to authoring numerous mental health courses she frequently blogs and writes newspaper articles about mental health topics.
4.6 out of 5.0, Based on: 5,116 reviews
This course examines the dynamics, health consequences and treatment of intimate partner sexual abuse.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Identify the definition of Intimate Partner Sexual Abuse.
- Describe the symptoms of Rape Trauma Syndrome.
- Explain the elements of Trauma Informed Care.
- Definitions, Prevalence and Incidence of Intimate Partner Sexual Abuse
- Comparing Intimate Partner Sexual Abuse to Abuse by a Non-intimate Partner
- Intimate Partner Sexual Abuse Compared with General Domestic Violence
- Health Impact of Intimate Partner Sexual Abuse
- Understanding the Dynamics of Intimate Partner Sexual Abuse
- Interventions for Victims of Intimate Partner Sexual Abuse
This organization, CE4Less, provider #1115, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association Of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education ACE) program. Ce4Less maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 8/8/2018-8/8/2021. Social workers should contact their regulatory board To determine course approval. Social workers participating In this course will receive continuing education clock hours.
We are committed to providing our learners with unbiased information. CE4Less never accepts commercial support and our authors have no significant financial or other conflicts of interest pertaining to the material