Issues in Domestic Violence: Intimate Partner Sexual Abuse
Author: Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D.
(Click author's name for bio)
Course Created: 2017
Practice Level: Intermediate
No book to buy
Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D.
Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D. is a psychologist in private practice specializing in eating disorders, as well as dual addictions, trauma, domestic violence and depression. She conducts individual and couples therapy with adolescent and adult clients. In addition to authoring numerous mental health courses she frequently blogs and writes newspaper articles about mental health topics.
3.6 out of 4.0, Based on: 87 reviews
This course examines the dynamics, health consequences and treatment of intimate partner sexual abuse.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Definitions, Prevalence and Incidence of Intimate Partner Sexual Abuse
- Comparing Intimate Partner Sexual Abuse to Abuse by a Non-intimate Partner
- Intimate Partner Sexual Abuse Compared with General Domestic Violence
- Health Impact of Intimate Partner Sexual Abuse
- Understanding the Dynamics of Intimate Partner Sexual Abuse
- Interventions for Victims of Intimate Partner Sexual Abuse
- Identify the definition of Intimate Partner Sexual Abuse.
- Describe the symptoms of Rape Trauma Syndrome.
- Explain the elements of Trauma Informed Care.