Issues in Domestic Violence: Special Populations
Author: Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D.
(Click author's name for bio)
Course Created: 2016
Practice Level: Beginner
No book to buy
Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D.
Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D. is a psychologist in private practice specializing in eating disorders, as well as dual addictions, trauma, domestic violence and depression. She conducts individual and couples therapy with adolescent and adult clients. In addition to authoring numerous mental health courses she frequently blogs and writes newspaper articles about mental health topics.
3.6 out of 4.0, Based on: 73 reviews
This course will discuss the domestic violence in special populations including among gay and lesbian couples, among the elderly, and among teen dating relationships.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Domestic Violence in Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgendered (GBLT) Relationships
- Domestic Violence and Older Adults
- Teen Dating Violence
- Intimate Partner Violence and Pregnancy
- Discuss prevalence and types of abuse among LGBT relationships
- Describe why older men and women stay in abusive relationships
- List contributing factors for teen dating violence