Learning the Language of Addiction Counseling - Fourth Edition
Author: Geri Miller
Course Created: 2015
Practice Level: Intermediate
5.0 out of 5.0, Based on: 19 reviews
Learning the Language of Addiction Counseling is designed to meet the training needs of new and experienced addiction counselors by presenting in a practical, user-friendly format the basic and cutting-edge research on addiction counseling. This comprehensive guide combines a basic overview of the addiction counseling field with specific information on working with varied clients in diverse settings. This courses also delivers practical advice on treatment techniques and professional development including the ethics of addiction counseling.
This course is based on a book and a post test. When you're ready, purchase the test by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Discuss the theories of counseling related to addiction treatment.
- Describe the assessment and diagnosis of addiction.
- Explain the assessment and diagnosis of dual disorders.
- Describe the treatment process for addictions.
- Explain the history of self-help programs.
- Discuss women and addictions.
- Discuss the elderly and addictions.
- Theories of counseling related to addiction treatment
- Assessment and diagnosis of addiction
- Assessment and diagnosis of co-occurring disorders
- The treatment process for addictions
- Treatment-related issues
- Relapse prevention
- Self-help groups
- Current and evolving therapy approaches and techniques
- Culturally sensitive addiction counseling
- Incorporating spirituality into addiction counseling
- Chronic pain assessment, treatment, and aftercare
- Personal and professional development of the counselor
- Preparing for certification and licensure as an addiction professional
CE4Less.com, provider #1115, is approved as an ACE provider to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Regulatory boards are the final authority on courses accepted for continuing education credit. ACE provider approval period: 07/08/21-07/08/24. Social workers completing this course will receive continuing education credit hours.
We are committed to providing our learners with unbiased information. Ce4Less never accepts commercial support and our authors have no significant financial or other conflicts of interest pertaining to the material.