Managing Chronic Pain in Adults with Substance Use Disorders
Course Created: 2012
Practice Level: Intermediate
No book to buy
4.5 out of 5.0, Based on: 3,464 reviews
This course equips clinicians with practical guidance and tools for treating Chronic noncancer pain in adults with histories of Substance Use Disorders.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Identify the percent of chronic pain patients who may have addictive disorders.
- Describe the tools used to assess pain.
- Explain limitations of opioid therapy.
- Describe symptoms of opioid withdrawal.
- Pain and Addiction Basics
- Patient Assessment
- Chronic Pain Management
- Managing Addiction Risk in Patients Treated With Opioids
- Patient Education and Treatment Agreements
This organization, CE4Less, provider #1115, is approved as a provider for social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) www.aswb.org, through the Approved Continuing Education ACE) program. CE4Less maintains responsibility for the program. ASWB Approval Period: 8/8/2015-8/8/2018. Social workers should contact their regulatory board to determine course approval.