Managing Depressive Symptoms in Substance Abuse Clients
4.8 out of 5.0, Based on: 14,924 reviews
This course is designed for substance abuse counselors who work with substance abuse clients with depressive symptoms. The course covers the identification and treatment of depressive symptoms.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- Explain depressive symptoms.
- Identify the two populations with the highest rates of suicide.
- Identify the most frequently used psychological treatment in the United States.
- Describe the key element in the majority of positive outcomes in substance abuse treatment
- Explain the benefits of guided imagery.
- Identify a danger of using relaxation techniques with victims of trauma.
- Identify the main way to handle resistance.
- Preparing Yourself To Work With Clients With Depressive Symptoms
- Screening and Assessment
- Treatment Planning
- Continuing Care and Treatment Termination
- Vignette 1—Behavioral Interventions
- Vignette2—Cognitive Interventions
- Vignette3—Interventions With Core Beliefs
- Vignette 4—Interventions With Feelings
Ce4Less.com, provider #1115, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. Ce4Less.com maintains responsibility for this course. ASWB ACE Approval Period: 07/08/21-07/08/24.
We are committed to providing our learners with unbiased information. Ce4Less never accepts commercial support and our authors have no significant financial or other conflicts of interest pertaining to the material