Mental Health Parity Act of 2008
Author: Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D.
(Click author's name for bio)
Course Created: 2008
Practice Level: Beginner to Intermediate
No book to buy
Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D.
Heidi Dalzell, Psy.D. is a psychologist in private practice specializing in eating disorders, as well as dual addictions, trauma, domestic violence and depression. She conducts individual and couples therapy with adolescent and adult clients. In addition to authoring numerous mental health courses she frequently blogs and writes newspaper articles about mental health topics.
3.7 out of 4.0, Based on: 43 reviews
This course will examine the components of the Wellstone-Domenici Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act of 2008 and the expected benefits of this act. It will also provide information about the history of mental health parity coverage, including state mental health parity plans and Medicare parity.
This course contains downloadable online lessons (PDF or Word) and a practice test. When you're ready, purchase the course by clicking the "Add To Cart" button. This will let you take the test, complete the course evaluation and receive your certificate for CE credits.
- What is Mental Health Parity
- State Mental Health Parity Laws
- Medicare Improvements for Patients and Providers Act of 2008
- The Wellstone-Domenici Mental Health Parity Plan
- Discuss past mental health parity acts.
- Identify the broadest state parity laws.
- Explain requirements for substance abuse treatment parity.